My K100RS urban scrambler project is finally nearing completion.  

 

  

 

This '87 K100 was very well loved by it's original owner, who put somewhere near 150K miles on it.  I wanted an inexpensive but reliable bike to learn how to do some wrenching so I sold off all of the plastics and re-worked this bike into a new form.  Many of the components are "kit" parts from Un1t Garage (Italy) including the taillight subframe, the exhaust and collector, and the headlight subframe.  The seat, carbon fiber side panels, and side instrument bracket are my own custom built.  The handlebars are re-used from an 1100GS, the Magazi Retro mirrors from KiWAV and the headlamp was from Speedmotoco.  The indicator lamps are eBay specials which I had to tweak to support the BMW's unique wattage requirement.  I replaced the instrument cluster with an Acewell 2850 digital instrument unit using a BEP3.0 from Maru Labs, which greatly simplifies the electronics replacement.  The side panels (described in another article on this site) are my custom aluminum panels made using Front Panels Express machining service.  New stainless DOT approved brake lines were fabricated locally by Alternative Hose custom services.  Finally, a K&N air filter, new fluids throughout, and a new set of Pirelli Scorpion Trail II tires were perfect as this is really an "urban scrambler" as these 90/10 tires are ideal for this purpose.  The Timbuk2 bag was originally on my bicycle, but the cheap attachment brackets they use break after a year - I put a new Klikfit locking bracket on the bag which seats it perfectly on a UnitGarage pannier mount made for the K100.

Here are the latest photos (click photo to enlarge):